Are there group study rooms in the Mott Library?
There are 4 group study rooms on the 2nd floor of the Mott Library.
Group Study Rooms may be used by groups of at least 2 students for up to 4 hours. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.
- Group study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Groups may not reserve a room in advance.
- Locked group study rooms are available only for students enrolled in MCC Or University Center classes.
- To check out the key, users must present their Mott Community College ID card and a photo ID card. University Center students who book the room need to show their University Center Card and a photo ID card.
- Fines will be charged if the key is returned late.
- Individual use of a group study room is not permitted.
Locked Group Study Room Capacity
- Rooms 2006 and 2008 are equal in size and seat 2-4 people each.
- Room 2010 is the largest of the locked group study rooms and seats 4-6 people.
- Room 2012 is the smallest of the locked group study rooms and seats 2-4 people.
If all of the group study rooms are in use, groups should go to the first floor. There are several large tables near the stairs and the current magazines, and there are more tables in the corner behind the children’s books.
Groups who need to talk should NOT use:
- The open seating areas on the second floor.
- The first floor computer lab. The lab is a quiet study area for students who need to concentrate on their coursework, writing papers, and research.
- The third floor. This is a quiet area that includes the Testing Center, additional labs, employee offices, and the Center for Teaching and Learning.
For more information about the group study rooms, contact the circulation desk.